GreenPeople Listing Service Agreement
Table of Contents:
INTRODUCTION: Welcome to the Internet Directory operated by GreenPeople.org. This Internet Directory offers information on a wide variety of resources, products and services, which include ‘green,’ eco-friendly, and holistic services, branded and personalized content, communication tools, administrative services, advertising and information, all of which may be accessed through a variety of means (all of which are collectively called our "Site”). The term "you" or "your" includes any of your subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and parent or legal guardian.
AUTHORITY: By using our Site, you represent that you are at least 13 years old. Persons who are at least 13 years of age but under the age of 18 may only use our Sites with legal parental or guardian consent. Accordingly, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age or older or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, representations and warranties set forth in the Terms; otherwise, please exit the Site.
ACCEPTABLE USE: You agree to use our Site and the Content (whether provided by us or others), as well as any Software provided in connection with the Site, in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, you will not take any of the following actions with respect to our Site, related Software, or Content, nor will you use our Site or related Software to upload, post, email, distribute, transmit, link, solicit or otherwise make available any Content or use our Site in any manner that:
1. is unlawful, harmful to minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, hateful or abusive;
2. infringes someone else's patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights;
3. removes any proprietary notices or labels on the Content;
4. advocates or solicits violence, criminal conduct or the violation of any local, state, national or international law or the rights of any third party;
5. advocates or solicits violence, criminal conduct or the violation of any local, state, national or international law or the rights of any third party;
6. is deceptive in any way, such as an offer to sell fraudulent goods or contains an impersonation of any person or entity or misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
7. specifically advertises firearms or ammunition, tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, or other contraband;
8. constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (SPAM), chain letters, or any other unsolicited commercial or non-commercial communication;
9. interferes with others using the Sites;
10. is off-topic according to the description of the group, forum or webpage;
11. contains software viruses, worms, time bombs, corrupted files, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, overburden, impair or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, network, server or communications systems or equipment;
12. contains a charity request, petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to a pyramid scheme;
13. disrupts, interferes or inhibits any other user from enjoying the Sites or other affiliated or linked websites, material, contents, products and/or services.
14. uses any robot, spider, or other such programmatic or automatic device, inducing but not limited to automated dial-in or inquiry devices, to obtain information from the Site or otherwise monitor or copy any portion of the Site, products and/or services;
15. creates a false identity for the purpose of misleading others;
16. prepares, compiles, uses, downloads or otherwise copies any user information and/or usage information for any portion thereof, or transmit, provide or otherwise distribute (whether or not for a fee) such information to any third party;
17. uses the GreenPeople.org domain name as a pseudonymous return email address;
18. contains any offer for unsolicited goods or services or any advertising or promotional materials, except in those areas specifically designated for such purpose (e.g., classified bulletin board);
19. provides material support or resources (or conceals or disguises the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
20. attempts to disable, bypass, modify, defeat or otherwise circumvent any of the digital rights management or other security related tools incorporated into the software or any Content or the Sites;
21. reproduces, duplicates, copies, sells, trades, resells or exploits for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site or Content, use of the Site, or access to the Site;
22. publishes, publicly performs or displays, or distributes to any third party any Content, including reproduction on any computer network or broadcast or publications media;
23. systematically collects and uses any Content including the use of any data mining, or similar data gathering and extraction methods;
24. makes derivative uses of the Site or the Content;
25. uses, frames, or utilizes framing techniques to enclose any portion of the Sites (including the images found at the Sites or any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page); and/or
26. modifies, translates, decompiles, disassembles, uses reverse engineering or otherwise attempts to derive the source code for the computer systems and other technology that operate our Site. For purposes of these Terms, "reverse engineering" shall include the examination or analysis of the Site to determine the source code, structure, organization, internal design, algorithms or encryption devices of our Site's underlying technology.
ONLINE CONTENT: Opinions, advice, statements, or other information or content in GreenPeople listings are those of their respective authors and not of GreenPeople. GreenPeople.org does not guarantee the accuracy of information in listings. Under no circumstances will GreenPeople be responsible for any loss resulting from anyone's reliance on information, or other content posted on the GreenPeople service or transmitted to GreenPeople participants.
Transmission of any defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another party's rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity) through GreenPeople will result in revocation of privileges and removal of your listing. Members will use the GreenPeople service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
INDEMNITY BY MEMBER: You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless GreenPeople, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) relating to or arising out of your use of the GreenPeople service.
It is possible that other GreenPeople members or users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the GreenPeople service and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Service, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. GreenPeople is not responsible for the use of any personal information that you may choose to disclose on the Service.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENTPERMITTED BY LAW, GreenPeople.org DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO SUCH INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. IN NO EVENT SHALL Greenpeople.org BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF GreenPeople.org HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you find any materials which undergo copyright protection, please inform us about it. Copyrighted materials will be removed immediately !
Please note that these pages are meant strictly for informational purposes to those seeking retailers/wholesalers/manufacturers/providers of or information about ecological products and/or services. Inclusion or exclusion from these pages does not imply a recommendation or lack thereof by Greenpeople.org and/or its collaborator(s) for any particular company or organization.
This website is for informational & educational purposes only. Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE INFORMATION: GreenPeople.org does not warrant that information, graphic depictions, product and service descriptions or other content of the Sites is accurate, complete, reliable, updated, current, or error-free. Despite our efforts, it is possible that a price for a product or service offered on the Site may be inaccurate or the product or service description may contain an inaccuracy. In the event GreenPeople.org determines that a product or service contains an inaccurate price or description, GreenPeople.org reserves the right to take any action it deems reasonable and necessary, in its sole discretion, to rectify the error, including without limitation canceling your order, unless prohibited by law. GreenPeople.org may make improvements or changes to any of its content, information products, services, or programs described on the Sites at any time without notice. You agree to notify GreenPeople.org immediately if you become aware of any pricing or descriptive errors or inconsistencies with any products or services you order through the Sites and comply with any corrective action taken by GreenPeople.org
THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES: Parties other than GreenPeople.org may offer and provide products and services on or through the Sites. Except for Greenpeople.org branded information, products or services that are identified as being supplied by Greenpeople.org, Greenpeople.org does not operate, control, or endorse any information, products, or services on the Sites or accessible through the Sites in any way. Greenpeople.org is not responsible for examining or evaluating, and GreenPeople.org does not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of their websites. GreenPeople.org does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of all these and any other third parties. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.
The Sites may contain links to other websites not operated by Greenpeople.org. The links are provided for your convenience. The inclusion of any links to other websites does not imply affiliation, endorsement or adoption by GreenPeople.org of those websites or the contents therein. We are not responsible for the contents, links or privacy of any linked website. Access to any other websites linked to the Sites is at your own risk. When leaving the Site, you should carefully review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of that third-party website.
SUBMISSIONS TO GreenPeople.org: You agree not to propose, post or submit to GreenPeople.org ideas, concepts, copy, proposals, inventions, methods or techniques for new or proposed services or products (collectively referred to as "Submitted Material ") through the Site. In the event you do so, you hereby grant to GreenPeople.org a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use all such Submitted Material in any manner whatsoever without compensation or attribution to you. You also grant to Greenpeople.org the right, at its sole discretion, to use your name in connection with the Submitted Materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related to such material and information. Use of such Submitted Material shall not require permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. You agree that Greenpeople.org is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Submitted Material. You agree that you shall have no recourse against GreenPeople.org for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in Submitted Material and that the submission of any Submitted Material to GreenPeople.org, including the posting of materials to any forum or interactive area on the Sites, irrevocably waives any and all "moral rights" in such materials. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the Submitted Material that you post, that the Submitted Material is accurate and, that use of the Submitted Material you supply does not violate these Terms and will not cause injury to any person or entity.
REGISTRATION, PASSWORD AND SECURITY: Whenever you provide us information on our Site, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information and (b) maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the information is, untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, GreenPeople.org may without notice suspend or terminate your access to our Site and refuse any and all current or future use of our Site (or any portion thereof).
If any portion of our Site requires you to register or open an account you may also be asked to choose a password and a user name. Please select a password that would not be obvious to someone trying to guess your password, and change it regularly as an added precaution. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account identification. You agree to immediately notify GreenPeeople.org of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Without limiting any rights which Greenpeople.org may otherwise have, GreenPeople.org reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, to ensure the security of the Sites and your account, including without limitation terminating your account, changing your password, or requesting additional information to authorize transactions on your account. Notwithstanding the above, Greenpeople.org may rely on the authority of anyone accessing your account or using your password and in no event and under no circumstances shall GreenPeople.org be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of (i) any action or inaction of Greenpeople.org under this provision, (ii) any compromise of the confidentiality of your account or password and (iii) any unauthorized access to your account or use of your password. You may not use anyone else's account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
The security of your personally identifying information is important to us. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take reasonable steps to help ensure the safety of your personally identifying information. However, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that use of the Site is invulnerable to all security breaches, and that Greenpeople.org makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of any of our Site is protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities.
USER SUBMITTED CONTENT: Our Site may have "publicly accessible areas" such as message boards, forums, member profiles, directory listings, job folders or other features that allow users to post Content that will be accessible by the public or the user population generally. With respect to any message, data, image, text, photos, graphics, audio, video or other material you elect to post to such publicly accessible areas of our Site, while you retain any and all of your lawfully owned rights in such Content, you grant Greenpeople.org a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content which you provide (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed and to exercise the same rights with respect to such works. You also permit any user of our Site to access, display, view, store, distribute, perform, reproduce and prepare derivative works of, such Content that you have placed in publicly accessible areas of our Site. No compensation will be paid to you or to any other person or entity with respect to the posting or use of your Content. Greenpeople.org is under no obligation to post or use any Content you may provide and GreenPeople.org may remove your Content at any time in its sole discretion. You agree that GreenPeople.org is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to your Content. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all necessary rights to the Content that you post, that such Content is accurate, that use of the Content you supply does not violate these Terms and will not cause injury to any person or entity, and that you will indemnify GreenPeople.org for all claims resulting from the Content you supply.
GreenPeople.org shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to monitor, refuse or remove any Content that is available via our Site for any or no reason, including that any Content violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any Content uploaded, transmitted, or downloaded by you or any third party, or for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, or profanity you may encounter. As the provider of the Sites, we are only a forum and are not liable for any statements, representations, or Content provided by Site users. Any opinions, advice or recommendations expressed therein are those of the users providing such Content and not those of GreenPeople.org. We do not endorse any Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein. It is not our intent to discourage you from taking controversial positions or expressing vigorously what may be unpopular views; however, we reserve the right to take such action as we deem appropriate in cases where the Site is used to disseminate statements that are harmful or inflammatory.
PAYMENT: As a trusted directory of green, eco-friendly and holistic products and services, we review each listing against stringent criteria, examining ingredients, supply sources, organic or other certifications, and the effect the product or service has on the environment. All listings entered now require a one-time payment of a non-refundable assessment fee of $14.95. If two listings are desired, both will require payment of the assessment fee.
"Franchise" or “Affiliate” or “Multi-Level Marketing” listings require a payment of $29.95 yearly fee.
· GreenPeople reserves the right to disallow membership to any listing that does not meet our criteria. GreenPeople reserves the right to deactivate a listing if listing owner is not an active member of the community, has not maintained listing and/or paid the assessment fee.
· GreenPeople reserves the right to revoke use of the GreenPeople Seal of Approval if products or services at any time fail to meet our listing criteria.
· Either you or GreenPeople may terminate your GreenPeople membership at any time, for any reason. No membership refunds will be issued.
REQUIRED CONTACT INFORMATION: To keep our directory up to date, a viable email address is required for all memberships. GreenPeople does not sell or release member’s emails. Directory users may email owners of Sustainer or Premium listings via a form on the site. Absence of a viable email address will result in revocation of the listing.
· We will protect your privacy and keep your personal information safe. We use powerful encryption and other security safeguards to protect customer data.
· We will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any purpose. Period.
· You have choices about how GreenPeople.org uses your information for marketing purposes. Customers are in control.
The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you.
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
· Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
· Provide the services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
· Communicate with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions;
· Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you;
· Address network integrity and security issues;
· Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies; and
· Provide local directory and directory assistance.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS OR SITE: GreenPeople.org may change or modify the Terms from time-to-time without notice other than posting the amended Terms on the Site. The amended Terms will automatically be effective when posted on our Site. Your continued use of our Site after any changes in these Terms shall constitute your consent to such changes. GreenPeople.org reserves the right to change, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any portion thereof), including any and all content contained on the Site, at any time without notice. You agree that GreenPeople.org shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site (or any portion thereof).
Your banner here.
is OUR community project.
300 Georgia St., Suite #1, Hollywood, FL 33019